Hi, all! Just keeping everyone posted on what I’ve been up to and what’s coming up in the future. Here are some things you can expect to see in the month of August, both publicly and exclusive to the Patreon…
- New Werewolf Fact – That’s right; it’ll be a werewolf fact again this month! What will it be about? Well, that’s up to my patrons. They have several choices this time. Whatever they pick, I’m going to refocus on werewolf facts again for a little while, especially to prepare for the promotion of my upcoming book Knightfall – and possibly even for the announcement of another nonfiction werewolf folklore book from me.
- Preview for an upcoming short story – Depending on how efficiently I get these two new short stories written, I would love to post a public preview for one this month!
- Website updates – I’m going to be doing some website updates this August, including some updates to the character pages on my website and possibly more (I would love to improve the look/feel of several pages, but I’m not sure I have time to get to that this month).
- Poll on next Werewolf Fact – Patrons will get to decide what August’s werewolf fact will be! The poll will go up around the start of the month, and it’ll run for a while before I take in the final results and start working on the fact itself.
- Monthly Preview, Chapter 8 of Knightfall revision (near-final draft) – Already loaded up and ready to be posted soon, the monthly preview for August will be chapter 8 of my Knightfall revision in its near-final form (not final yet, though)! This chapter introduces a brand new plot twist, and we’re fast approaching the point where I will no longer post chapter previews of this revision, as things are really heating up. I’m very excited to hear what readers think of this preview!
- Previews for 1 or 2 new short stories – I’m not sure how much writing I’ll get around to in terms of these short stories, but I know what I want to do with both now, so I’m really hoping to post a preview at least for patrons this month of one, if not both, upcoming short stories! If you missed the writing journal on those, check that out here.
- Writing Journal on short stories – You can expect new writing journal(s) about one or both upcoming newsletter short stories.
- Writing Journal on newsletter – You can also expect a writing journal about my newsletter itself, what I hope to achieve with it, what to expect from it, and more.
- Possibly other journal(s) – Who knows what I might write a journal about? I like to do journals at random sometimes. I actually have had something in the works for a while that’s totally unexpected… we’ll see if I get that posted this month or if it continues to lurk in the drafts for a later date.
Will I finish at least one short story to the point of posting a public preview in August? I can’t say yet! We’ll see how it goes. I am going to run them by my patrons first; I do know that. So if you’re a patron, definitely expect at least a preview of one or both new short stories this month.
Patrons are going to be my test audience for these short stories, so patrons will receive these short stories in their entirety before they are available publicly through my newsletter!
Also, as a more general update, I have removed the Character Questions reward from my Patreon for the time being in order to make space to experiment with other potential rewards in the future.
If there’s anything anyone would be excited to see from my Patreon rewards, be it related to my folklore work or my fiction or whatever else, I’d love to hear from you!
There’s a lot in store, and I can’t wait to share it all. I’m really hoping to make 2024 a big year for me and my work, so I’m doing a lot of preparation in the remainder of this year to work toward that.
Until next time!