In addition to the usual flavor of werewolf facts, I have also written assorted longer articles on various topics related to werewolves, including but not limited to writing advice/ideas, my opinions on various tropes and examinations thereof, and looks into different aspects of werewolves in longer articles than werewolf facts usually average. You can find those here.
Please note that some were written in the form of responding to asks on my blog and thus may not read quite the same way as other articles.
Also note if you are looking instead for the werewolf fact masterlist – a list of “werewolf facts,” which discuss many specific elements of folkloric werewolves and sometime wolves in detail – you need to go here instead!
- On Pop Culture Werewolves – Creature Designs, and Underworld’s Massive Influence – A very in-depth examination of modern werewolf designs, where they came from, and… why they should change.
- What to Do and What to Avoid when Writing Werewolves/Werecreatures – A fairly short-form reference for my take on how to write werewolves and shapeshifters like them.
- On Werewolf Tropes – A good guide on werewolf tropes (and ones I like vs ones I don’t like) that already exist in fiction and we see a lot.
- Werewolf Worldbuilding Sheet – Looking to worldbuild your own werewolves? Look no further!
- Wargs/Worgs – A look into wargs/worgs of modern pop culture versus where they came from originally in Norse myth.
- Review of My Favorite Pop Culture Werewolf Things – What it says on the tin! My top three in terms of representation of werewolves.
- More on Writing Werewolves & Werewolf Tropes – Even more thoughts on werewolf trope things.
- On Werewolf Angst, Werewolf Anxiety, and Writing Believable Reluctant Werewolves – What it says on the tin again. This is a big deal for me. I had a lot of fun writing this, and I hope it sheds some light on the topic.
- Good Folklore Sources on Werewolves – Some of my favorite books for research purposes.
- Werewolves on the Moon – My personal crazy theorizing about “do werewolves transform in space.”
- Werewolves: Not Zombies, Not Dogs – A big list of why werewolves shouldn’t be zombies or dogs and should be actual werewolves instead. AKA: how to tell if your werewolf is just a zombie or just a dog.
- On Werewolf Antagonists and Evil Werewolves – A discussion and food for thought about how to not fall into the stereotypical trap of having always evil werewolves.